SEASON 4 | EPISODE 5
Rita Case has literally spent a lifetime in the auto industry. She was born into one car-selling family, married into another, and now is the president, CEO, and owner of the country’s largest retail auto group that is owned and operated by a woman.
“I tell people, when they say, ‘Oh, you were so lucky’ – Luck spells ‘Laboring Under Correct Knowledge’.”
– Rita Case, Owner, Rick Case Automotive Group
Listen as Rita Case, the CEO and owner of the largest woman-owned retail auto group in America, tells the tale of her lifelong journey in what she calls the “funnest business ever” and her history of innovation and “picking winners.”
On this episode, Rita Case sits down with Derek D for a whirlwind discussion covering hats, jets, America’s first Hondas, and her pioneering business successes.
- Why Rita wears her famous hats.
- What it takes to bring an overseas auto brand to the shores of the US for the first time.
- How Rick Case’s idea for a revolutionary marketing tactic was rejected, how it was proven to work – and how it saved Hyundai’s brand in America.
- What women in leadership positions have to offer the auto industry, and what has held them back in the past.
- The one simple step Rick Case Automotive Group takes to create customer loyalty.
| Dealer News Today is a Dave Cantin Group production
Hear More from Rita Case on Dealer News Today:
Dealer News Today Podcasts
The award-winning Dealer News Today podcasts focus on automotive dealer news with insights into the future of the industry. The Dealer News Today automotive podcast is created by and for auto dealers and the professionals that support them. All of our focus is on providing content on the cutting edge of the automotive industry that dealers need today and the insights required to be prepared for tomorrow.
Whether it’s our industry-leading popular automotive podcasts, content features, or exclusive videos, the team at Dealer News Today works to provide our readers and listeners with the most relevant, timely, and valuable automotive industry news and information possible.
Have something to add? Dealer News Today actively seeks thought leadership content that contributes to our goal of creating insights for the future of the automotive industry. Read our requirements for joining our team, or contact us today to learn more!