SEASON 2 | EPISODE 11: Auto Sales in the Information Age | w/ Juan Flores (Kelley Blue Book) & Jade Terreberry (Cox Automotive)

“It all comes back to the consumer expectations and the consumer desire for price transparency.” — Jade Terreberry

Today’s episode is about clarity of information—and how it helps customer confidence. In an industry where customers can feel intimidated by transactions, high levels of information and transparency—around pricing, vehicle history, service, etc.—can dissolve fear, build trust, and create more sales.

Derek D is joined today by Juan Flores — Senior Director of Product Management at Kelley Blue Book, and Jade Terreberry — Director of Dealer Sales Analytics for Cox Automotive. Their expertise on information and decision making, both on the consumer and dealership side, dovetail into a thorough picture of the importance of information in sales.

Interview Highlights:

  • How many years will drivers typically go to the dealership for service, before they defect to other mechanics? (And how do you win them back?)
  • In vehicle recalls, 60% of drivers go straight to an OEM dealership. What happens to the other 40%?
  • Where is there pent up demand that could be released post-pandemic?

Episode Sponsor:

Kelley Blue Book — KBB has been the industry standard in used car pricing and transparency for decades. Our resources bring automotive consumers and dealers to the table, equipped with the information and trust they need to move a deal forward.

Derek D is an actor, comedian, and host with 15 years of experience in the entertainment industry. Before becoming a host on the DNT podcast, Derek was well known in the automotive industry for hosting the award-winning car news show Fast Lane Daily.