SEASON 1 | EPISODE 58
Listen as Brian Finkelmeyer, Senior Director, vAuto gets deep in the weeds with one of the most concerning topics in the auto industry – new car inventory.
“It’s very simple, it’s time to think like an investor.”
- Inventory in the US is down over 1 million cars!
- If there ever was a time to hone in on new car inventory management, that time is now.
- One of the biggest lessons learned is that inventory must be managed better.
- Why manufacturers need to change their allocation processes.
- A high percentage of dealers suffer from “recency bias” when ordering inventory.
- Is it time to change to floor plan compensation to better control inventory and profitability.
| Dealer News Today is a Dave Cantin Group production
Dealer News Today Podcasts
The award-winning Dealer News Today podcasts focus on automotive dealer news with insights into the future of the industry. The Dealer News Today automotive podcast is created by and for auto dealers and the professionals that support them. All of our focus is on providing content on the cutting edge of the automotive industry that dealers need today and the insights required to be prepared for tomorrow.
Have something to add? Dealer News Today actively seeks thought leadership content that contributes to our goal of creating insights for the future of the automotive industry. Read our requirements for joining our team, or contact a member of our editorial staff today to learn more!
LoanerToOwner – The only website dedicated to helping dealers promote and sell their loaner car inventory. Visit LoanerToOwner.com to get your inventory listed now!