SEASON 3 | EPISODE 7
- But to hear him talk about the industry, you wouldn’t know it. “I’m more focused on technology and business model evolution, and I leave the curation of the cars to the pros.”
“Consumers are widening their search radius”
— Alex Vetter
- With nearly 25 years at the head of Cars.com, Vetter is plugged into the automotive industry on both the manufacturing side and dealership side. On this episode, Derek D and Alex Vetter explore the insights that Cars.com generates as a “pretail” platform — where consumers go in the early research stage of the buying process — and much more.
- Vetter’s story of buying the Cars.com domain name in 1997 for $70k (and the mural in the company’s lobby that’s a reminder of that moment)
- How data from Cars.com shows consumer interest by geography, at a granular level — including make, model, and even colors that people are searching for
- The ways in which the auto industry has led communities through the pandemic
…and much more.
Derek D is an actor, comedian, and host with 15 years of experience in the entertainment industry. Before becoming a host on the DNT podcast, Derek was well known in the automotive industry for hosting the award-winning car news show Fast Lane Daily.
| Dealer News Today is a Dave Cantin Group production
Hear More from Alex Vetter on Dealer News Today:
Dealer News Today Podcasts
The award-winning Dealer News Today podcasts focus on automotive dealer news with insights into the future of the industry. The Dealer News Today automotive podcast is created by and for auto dealers and the professionals that support them. All of our focus is on providing content on the cutting edge of the automotive industry that dealers need today and the insights required to be prepared for tomorrow.
Have something to add? Dealer News Today actively seeks thought leadership content that contributes to our goal of creating insights for the future of the automotive industry. Read our requirements for joining our team, or contact a member of our editorial staff today to learn more!